Stericycle’s Bio Systems service offers a range of benefits to keep your facility, staff and patients safe, including:
- Improved compliance, as all sharps containers arrive at the hospital assembled
- Pro-active replacement of containers by a trained technician eliminates over-filling of containers
- Flexibility to accommodate peak in demand periods with provision for bulk disposal in areas such as operating theatres
- UN-approved puncture-resistant containers
- Unrivalled state of the art technology with a three stage disinfection process and stringent quality controls
- Furthermore, our unique disinfection process achieves a ‘Log 10′ reduction well in excess of the industry standard!
The biggest benefit to Salford Royal is removing all of the risk out of the sharps process…they come ready onto the ward in the format we’re going to use them. So having a fully managed service with dedicated Stericycle technicians means the clinical staff can get on with their job.
Rob Jepson, Head of Hotel Services, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
The carbon reductions presented by adopting Bio Systems has been very attractive to us. Also, now we are no longer purchasing disposable containers just to burn them once they are full!
Colin Weir – Facilities Team Leader, CRUK CI
We’ve found the service to be very quick and responsive. It’s just one email or phone call and the containers are here the next day. And environmentally, we realise the benefits across the Trust.
Pam Cooper, Head of Facilities, Birmingham Women’s Hospital
Stericycle is much more than just a supplier to us, over the years we have developed a strong partnership, working jointly on solving service issues and implementing innovative solutions.
Charles Joly Environmental, Waste & Sustainability Manager, Isle of Wight NHS Foundation Trust
Just for the areas trialled at the start of the implementation, when compared to single use containers, using Bio Systems has saved the Trust £12k per annum.
Kevin Hodge, Assistant Facilities Manager, East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust